In a nutshell I learnt...
- in 2012 two Waka with people inside called Te Aurere and Ngahiraka Mai Tawhiti sailed to Rapanui.
- I also learnt that Gambier Islands is close to Rapanui.
- when they were sailing It took ten months to go to Rapanui and go back.
- During the journey the navigator yous his skills and knowledge to locate Rapanui Island.
- The navigator used the sun and ocean swells and at night he used the stars to keep him on track.
- The voyages was the dream of master Waka builder Hekenukumai.